Sunday, October 15, 2023

My Mission

 

A friend recently commented that I may have "missed my calling in life."  I think I certainly did.

On my refrigerator for 12 years, and tucked into the cover of my Bible for three decades at least before that is this writing from John Henry Cardinal Newman:

I, Why?

God has created me to do Him some definite service:

He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another.

I have my mission - I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next.

I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.

He has not created me for naught.

I shall do His work.  I shall do good.  I shall be an angel of peace ...


The picture looks nothing like me, except for the birds swirling around.  LOL.  

What is YOUR mission?  Will you be an angel of peace with me?

**************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment